Kat C. Zhou very nearly became a mathematician, but somewhere along the way, she was drawn in by the allure of theatre and has been stuck at the tech table ever since.
Kat is currently based in NYC, working as a lighting designer and assistant lighting designer. She is a proud member of United Scenic Artists Local 829.
Formerly, she served as artist-in-residence at the Signet Society, and she was also the president of the Harvard-Radcliffe Gilbert & Sullivan Players. In 2021, she was also proud to be the first-ever Howell Binkley Fellow.
When not in the theater, she can usually be found not far from a freshly brewed cup of tea, relaxing with a good book or knitting project.
UPCOMING Projects (2022-2023):
- October 13-22: The Bacchae, Atlantic Acting School (NYC)
- October 28-November 6: The Threepenny Opera, Muhlenberg College (Allentown, PA)
- November 10-December 11: The Chinese Lady, Central Square Theater (Cambridge, MA)
- December 2-18: Little Women, Perseverance Theatre (Anchorage, AK)
- December 15-18: How to Catch Creation, Juilliard School (NYC)
- April 7-23, 2023: Little Women, Perseverance Theatre (Juneau, AK)